Wednesday, February 7, 2007

So, I don't know what to write about tonight, but I feel like I should blog something. Is that sad? Is that the right word? I don't know.

My sister comes home from her mission in two weeks. I am so super-excited I can't even begin to describe it! We've got to get the house cleaned up, and my room (our room, actually) especially needs to be cleaned. I've been trying to be a good little girl: organizing financial papers, throwing away junk, doing laundry, etc--but I can never keep everything up at once. So I'll make a lot of headway with organizing my papers, but that means everything else goes to pot. And if I try to clean all the dirty clothes on my floor, I end up with a box of papers in the middle of the floor waiting to be organized. And don't even get me started on how badly that floor needs to be vacuumed! (Darn dogs. Mutter, mutter, mutter.)

On a happier note, the weather has been fantastic! I am so sick and tired of winter, and the record breaking cold temps we've had lately have really thrown me over the edge. The last couple of days have been a nice reminder that I'm not always a popsicle (oh, speaking of popsicles, that sounds really good right now. A nice banana or rootbeer popsicle, yum!). I know the warmer weather won't last for too long (it is only early Feb. after all) but it's a light at the end of the tunnel; a glimmer of hope after a long, dark, frigid winter.

OK, it's one minute after midnight, so I'm going to go to bed.

MAD

2 comments:

Kira said...

I wish we were getting warmer weather over here in Indiana. I miss the desert so much, especially when I talk to my mom and she tells me that it got up to 81 the other day...argh...

I'm still waiting for the temperatures here to get above freezing again. At least we aren't getting windchills very much below zero any more, but it's still not fun.

And our poor doggie hasn't gotten a walk in over 2 weeks! He starts shivering when we just take him out to go potty :-( If we didn't have snow on the ground, he'd probably be ok. But wet + cold = not a happy puppy.

The thing that I am excited about is that our local ice cream stand, The Chocolate Moose, opens up again on February 12th. That's only 3 days away!! Stupid ice cream shops closing for the winter...

Cupcake said...

Hey Liza! Hope you had a great weekend. . .at least better than mine.