Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wasting Time at Work

I'm really bored at work right now, so I'm posting this just to pass some time. (I stole it from a girl I work with--from her blog. Thanks Cupcake.)

1. What is your occupation?
Manuscript processor
2. What color are your socks right now?
Orange and tan striped
3. What are you listening to right now?
I just plugged my iPod in, put it on shuffle, and Mika's Big Girls (You Are Beautiful) just came on.
4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Hershey's kiss.
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
No, and my attempts to do so have been ... adventures.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I hate questions like this.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My sister.
8. How old are you today?
26 years, 6 months, 25 days, 6 hours, and 49 minutes old. Approximately.
9. Favorite drink?
Rootbeer.
10. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Tennis. I can't wait for Wimbledon!
11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Yes.
12. Favorite reality TV show?
1900 House from PBS. Some of the other "House" shows were good, but this was the best.
15. Favorite day of the year?
Any day spent in laughter with people I love.
16. What do you do to vent anger?
Throw pillows. Pout.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child?
There was some doll that "grew" hair if you cranked on her arm. That one was fun for a while. My Barbie dolls (*blushing*) and my marbles also provided much fun.
18. What is your favorite fall or spring?
Fall is my favorite. Spring is too artificial: it promises more than it can deliver.
19. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs from people; kisses from Hershey's.
20. Cherries or Blueberry?
Fresh I prefer cherries, in pies I prefer neither, and in artificial flavorings I prefer cherries. In other words, I don't like blueberries.
21. Living arrangement?
I share an apartment with my sister.
22. When was the last time you cried?
I don't know, and even if I did I wouldn't tell you.
23. What is on the floor of your closet?
Shoes and storage containers.
24. What did you do last night?
Went to the store to buy dinner, ate dinner, watched t.v., then read my new annotated copy of Pride and Prejudice.
25. Favorite smells?
Fresh baked bread, homecooked meals, and so forth.
26. What inspires you?
People who change their lives for the better; Jane Austen.
27. What are you afraid of?
Being wrong.
28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
The cheesier the better.
29. Favorite dog breed?
My two mutts.
30. How many years at your current job?
Almost a year and a half in this position; six years in other positions at the same place.
31. Favorite day of the week?
During the school semester it's Tuesdays because I get to sleep in; during breaks it's Saturdays for the same reason.
32. How many states have you lived in?
3
33. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery?
No, although I got a ride on a motorcycle once when I was little--from my grandpa or uncle, I don't remember which. I was really little.
34. Who's your favorite NFL team?
I have no patience with professional football.
35. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless?
No. I only have cell phones. My parents have three non-cordless phones, though.
36. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather?
100 degree weather because then I'd be in the desert. I love the desert.
37. Oldest thing in your freezer?
That container of kidney beans I've been too afraid to go near.
38. What makes you laugh out loud?
My family when they're just being themselves.
39. What is one thing you are REALLY good at?
Learning things, analyzing literature, loving people.
40. What would be TWO things you would like to do before you die?
Travel England; finish college.
41. Hardwood or carpet?
Depends on the room, but generally I prefer hardwood floors.
42. What do you plan on doing when you finish answering these questions?
Go to the bathroom.
43. Are you a morning or night person?
I'm a night person all the way. Mornings suck.

No comments: