Thursday, January 10, 2008

Snow Snow & More Snow

Yesterday a huge snow storm hit northern Utah and we got about 14 inches of snow dumped on us (more and less in some areas). Here's some pictures taken from my back porch.






In the second picture you can't really tell, but there's a bird in the tree. Jessica and I threw down some food for the birds and soon had about four little birds hanging out around our porch and munching on the goodies. It was cute.

School had started up again, and I'm not so glad. I think the spring semester is harder than the fall because you jump into the spring semester right after the holidays when you're still feeling fat and lazy. Fall semester is after a long summer break (unless you're stupid enough to take summer classes) so you're pretty well rested and ready for school to start. There is nothing restful about the holiday break.

I'm taking two classes this semester: Introduction to Music, to satisfy my creative arts requirement, and a writing class. The music class meets for the first time tonight so I'll post later about that one. My writing class is on notebooks, journals, and creativity; I'm hoping it will help me be more creative because I really don't feel all that creative right now. In fact, class has been somewhat discouraging and intimidating because most of the people in the class are creative writers and have all these great ideas (one guy has even published a novel already and is working on the second). I, on the other hand, am crap at creative writing, and (lately) all writing. I've felt like quite the idiot in class so far, but the professor is a really good one so I'm hoping in the end I'll feel better about my writing.

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: