Monday, April 6, 2009

I Could Break Out Into Song!

I just read this today, and I am so excited! Romola Garai will play Emma Woodhouse in a new BBC adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma. It's a 4 hour mini-series, and the wonderful Sandy Welch is writing the screenplay. Welch is the genius behind North & South and the most recent Jane Eyre adaptation. I love her! And best of all, no Andrew Davies in sight!!

Romola as Emma is a brilliant stroke of casting genius; Johnny Lee Miller is set to play Mr. Knightly, which I'm a little worried about, but still think it will be OK; and Michael Gambon is playing Mr. Woodhouse. Even though I can't stand him as Dumbledore (*shudder*) I've loved him in other roles, and look forward to him in this. I can't wait to see who they cast as Harriet--neither of the previous adaptations I've seen had the right Harriet, so fingers crossed they get it this time.

Filming starts this week in Kent and Surrey--where the novel actually takes place! Hurrah!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh, Oh!! What song are you going to sing? I want to sing and dance too. That's brilliant!!!. Yay!!!! I am so excited. Wahoooo!