Sunday, April 5, 2009

Just a Thought

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know I don't say it often enough, but I am. I don't talk about my feelings about the gospel very often for a couple of reasons. First, I'm embarrassed of my emotions in general and any display of emotion. For good or bad (probably bad) it's just the way I am, so I avoid emotional subjects. Second, my feelings and experiences in the gospel are so profoundly personal and treasured that it's hard for me to find the right words. Plus, it's hard to talk about something that means as much to me as the gospel does because there's the fear that people will treat it lightly, or misunderstand, or whatever.

But lately, I don't know, I've just felt that I need to say that I am grateful for the gospel, and it does mean the world to me--more than that in fact. It's true, and it brings me more joy than I can say. I listened to Conference this weekend and loved it! I am humbled when I think of how blessed I am to have the gospel in my life, and was reminded again how much it means to me. Just thought I'd share that thought.

No comments: