Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Phone!


So I got my new, awesome, totally free phone today! (Picture on the left.) I've been playing around with it today, and really love it! It has a camera, so maybe I can finally get pictures up of my apartment.

As for other things in my life: school is going well, and at work I survived the Utah Construction Company symposium. I decided to drop my magazine writing class, because it just wasn't working out. Like I mentioned in my last post, I just wasn't learning much, and the class was only adding stress to my life. I'm doing very well in my Feminist Theories class and loving it! We have some very interesting discussions, and the professor is one of my favorites.

Work was nuts last week because of the UCC symposium. It's our biggest event of the year, and we schmooze the donors, and listen to speakers, and pretend that it's all very interesting. We also put on a photo exhibit every year, but this year we let some photography students go out and take the pictures, and mount their own exhibit. BIG mistake. I spent the week before the symposium cutting matboard--which is physically exhausting--late into the evening. In the middle of conferences and other work responsibilities, I had to cut and assemble the mats for two of the artists who didn't get their photos printed in time. I think there were three days in a row that I didn't leave before 10:30 p.m.

The week of the symposium was even more chaotic because of all the last-minute details that always have to be taken care of, but we survived, and we probably won't be doing another symposium for two years--happy dance!!! I went to the fancy donor dinner with my boss. Her husband had to work, but she got her brother and his boyfriend to babysit (which the kids loved), and we went ahead and rewarded ourselves with a nice dinner and good conversation with people we like. Oh, and I got a really cute new dress and shoes, which I may or may not post pictures of .... someday. ;)

Time to go!

No comments: