Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Lullaby

Today was a pretty good day. Kate spent the night last night and went to stake conference with Jess and me. Elder Oaks and President Eyring were the speakers at the conference, and it was great to hear them speak. Barbara Thompson, 2nd counselor in the General R.S. Presidency also spoke, and I enjoyed her talk too.

After the conference we went to my parents' house and spent the rest of the evening there. We watched Miss Potter the movie about Beatrix Potter, the author of the Peter Rabbit stories. It was very good. I had a nice time chit-chatting with my dad while he browsed iTunes for some more Christmas music. He wanted Christmas songs in German because it takes him back to his mission in Austria. I cooked dinner for everyone and we just had a nice evening at home.

I'm staying home tomorrow to try to catch up on some things. I feel like I've been trying to play catch-up on life since this summer. I make some progress, then something comes up (like big homework assignments, or the symposium) and everything falls to pieces again. Well, I had better go. Even though I'm not going to work tomorrow, I'm not sleeping in, so I had better get to bed.

p.s. The title of this blog is referencing a song my mom used to sing when I was little. It describes a quiet Sunday afternoon and seemed to fit the mood of today.

No comments: